Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor & ls6 valley question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor & ls6 valley question

Hello everybody, my 99 trans am with 100k miles had thrown a code about 2-3 months ago for bank 1 knock sensor. After reading it was probably because I washed the engine anyways I put it off to the side and decided to do a ls6 intake (have it already), valley, knock and harness all together. Now my DD took a dump and i am stuck driving the TA.
Will anything happen aside the power loss for driving the car with the bad knock sensor even thought its bad from the water I dumped in there?
And after numerous searches what are some good online vendors I can get oem parts from I'm going to have to hurry and get my parts plus is fel-pro good to use for gasket ad seals?
I also plan to run a coolant crossover pipe up front and back and i think I'm reading to much reviews on vendors now lol
Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can get good sensors from NAPA for pretty cheap, and most of their parts have a higher success rate than advanced or auto zone.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would order from the sponsors on this site, look to the right, there are a ton. Speed inc, WS6 Store , Texas speed should have the parts you need. Yes, Fel pro is a great brand. I actually bought mine from Thunder racing, they have a kit. They are no longer a sponsor and alot of people had problems with them so i wouldnt order from them.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i bought sensors from auto zone..........had codes.......switched to OEM.......no codes......your choice
Old 02-06-2013, 01:09 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 99WS6_
Hello everybody, my 99 trans am with 100k miles had thrown a code about 2-3 months ago for bank 1 knock sensor. After reading it was probably because I washed the engine anyways I put it off to the side and decided to do a ls6 intake (have it already), valley, knock and harness all together. Now my DD took a dump and i am stuck driving the TA.
Will anything happen aside the power loss for driving the car with the bad knock sensor even thought its bad from the water I dumped in there?
And after numerous searches what are some good online vendors I can get oem parts from I'm going to have to hurry and get my parts plus is fel-pro good to use for gasket ad seals?
I also plan to run a coolant crossover pipe up front and back and i think I'm reading to much reviews on vendors now lol
You're reading too many reviews, lol. You don't NEED that crossover front to back unless your temp gauge (aftermarket if you're reading #7) says otherwise.

Personally I get a lot of **** off eBay, but I be SURE it's an AC Delco part. If not, I go with Advanced Auto due to their coupons. And yes, fel-pro is a great gasket.

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
i bought sensors from auto zone..........had codes.......switched to OEM.......no codes......your choice
Indeed. I've never had anything last that was from the Zone.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,121 Likes on 618 Posts

The GM knock sensor 10456603 but we are not able to get this item. We are able to get a direct cross to the AC Delco Knock sensor for the LS1. We also have a Standard Motor Products knock sensor for LS1 engines available for immediate shipping along with the LS1 knock sensor harness. The correct LS6 intake manifold gaskets and LS6 valley gasket are available from several quality brands including Fel-pro and Chevrolet Performance. If you find any of the same part numbers cheaper, we will price match the competitor and have them sent direct from the manufacture to save time and get you the best price.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com

Quick Reply: Knock sensor & ls6 valley question