Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally set on heads!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally set on heads!

Well guys this build was about to **** me off lol.

1. Sent 243's off to A.I for their 232cc package for my 408...bought the longblock used and one head had really rough intake/exhaust ports from someone trying their hand and porting lol. Was sent to see if A.I could fix them and keep em useable.

2. A.I emails me and says that to repair them they may affect the intregrity of the heads and that they can't guarantee anything. So I opted to ditch the 243's and began a new search.

3. A.I emailed me back wanting me to look at the Dart 223 package they offer and said that they would be a nice upgrade from the 232cc package and that it's a nice budget opition. So...i gave them the go ahead on the Darts.

As I am emailing A.I my shop calls me and tells me a guy is swapping off some AFR 215s and is willing to sell for a good price and that they will likely out perform the A.I Darts for just a little more.

So....I'm going with the AFR 215's instead of the A.I Dart 223s.

I had to email A.I and cancel that order from A.I.

Just want to thank Phil @ A.I for the constant emailing for about 2 weeks now. Always responded within a few hours of my emails...which was great since I'm wanting this build done very soon! Felt terrible having to cancel my order as they did AMAZING work on my dad's 226's he sent off a few years back and I was really looking forward to working with them again.

Point is A.I is a kicka** company and I hope to get another project going soon so that I can use them again! Great guys over there and go out of their way to help me...even if I end up not using their services!

So as of now here's how it stands:

408 stroker
AFR 215s
PP 96mm intake/tb
Cam unknown (measuring one that's in it now to see if I like the specs)
LSX swap 1 7/8 headers
Dual cutouts
3in exhaust
Magnaflow mufflers

UPR Tubular K w/ LSx swap mounts
Tubular A arms w/ Coil overs

Built T56 w/ MGW shifter

Stock Ford 8.8 w/ 3.73s

Ready to get this b*tch on the road! REALLY hoping to break the 500hp/450tq mark with this motor. Should be a nice bump from the 310hp 2v I had in this thing a few months ago haha!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

thats sounds great. im looking in the direction of the AFRs as well. question: with some AFRs on my LS1 you think i should go 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you got a great deal from some body who cares about their customer.maybe have Phil spec you a cam,or Tony Mamo.it should meet your power goals with a mild cam.I am not a big fan of the PP products ,had 1 for my sbc it lacked consistent port quality .
Old 02-18-2013, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Yea I was thinkin of havin them spec me a cam or Martin @ Tick has a new line of "stroker" cams comin out that I may be a test mule lol.

zzcamaro: I don't think you could go wrong with either. I pretty much went 1 7/8 cuz that's what the swap headers were lol. I see plenty of people runnin 1 3/4 and makin great power so whichever you come across first!

Yea the guys at Sho-Me Speed treat me good! Me and my dad have been customers of theirs for quite awhile and they do all our work so we have a pretty good relationship. He know he'll get more work out of us lol. I'm hopin the PP intake performs well...i got the whole setup (intake/rails/injectors/tb) for a steal so I figured it was better than the LS6 i was gonna put on it. We'll see on dyno day!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Anyone seen power numbers from the 215s?? I've tried searching to no avail :/

Quick Reply: Finally set on heads!