Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam option

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam option

Hey guys, first off i'll apologize right now, that this is probably a stupid question. As i have no experience or knowledge when it comes to cam shafts, i know the purpose of a cam and that's about it.

So i'm running a boosted LS1, right now just wanting to run a 500-600rwhp street car. Most of the mods are current in the signature. What are your thoughts on running a used cam? a guy on a local craigslist ad has a Texas Speed Torquer V2 for 200 bucks? would it be worth buying or should i just save for a new one? Or would that Cam even benefit my set up? You guys are probably going to need a lot more info to help me out, i just don't know what all i need to tell you guys.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically with a blower, going with something that has a large overlap is bad. Large overlap = lope. You want something that's a mild lope and good street manners. The TSP 224R cam is a good one for superchargers/turbochargers. Honestly, if you want the most performance, get a custom grind cam from Ed Curtis. Yes, it is expensive but it will be designed specifically for every mod that you have on your car. He will ask you about your goals that you want to achieve, what you have on your car, and meet your needs. Have to remember, it is crucial for your heads and cam to compensate for each other. They must go together like meat and potatoes.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with all the great parts you have in your car ,get a custom cam to maximize power.you will need new springs to match the cam you get.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have to agree with the others and say go the custom grind route. It will be a little more up front but the rewards later will be worth it.

Quick Reply: Cam option