Sponsored by:

Headers and injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Headers and injectors

Hi Guys,

I have my build pretty much nailed down and went from $2500 to $4000+ but I should have all of the parts in my garage next week... One happy guy here! I am doing everything right here the first time down to the trunion upgrades and going dual valve springs and not messing with the brand new comp 918's on them if anyone wants them let me know.

Background: Stock cubic LS1, 799 LPE CNC ported heads, LS6 intake/Polished Throttle body, TSP Torquer V3 cam and all the bolt ons/updates to compliment these.

Question... I talked to Gary and John (Both very helpful) and I was originally going to go with the 1 7/8" TSP headers but both of them suggested go 1 3/4" and those will flow more than good enough and I will be happy... If anything I would maybe see a couple horse gain going to the 1 7/8" and to me thats not worth the $130 extra for the 1 7/8". Anyone argue that I should hands down spend the extra money for the 1 7/8" or am I going to be happy with the 1 3/4" since im stock cubes and naturally aspirated?? I do not plan on any other upgrades after all of these.

Also I dont think my stock injectors (26lb) will be enough to handle the job of the upgrades without running 100% duty. I also live right around 900' above sea level. Im thinking 36lb will do the job (should be 40lb) with LS1 fuel pressure. Everyone agree the 36lb will do the job? Does anybody have some for sale?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

I would agree just make sure you get a tune after you install the injectors.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Honestly, I would go with the 1 7/8" TSP headers. You said you wanted to do everything right the first time, and I would say going with 1 7/8" headers is doing it right the first time. Even though you said you don't plan on any other upgrades, you just might end up going with more upgrades later down the road. I think $130 is quite negligible to the whole scheme of things...

36lb injectors would definitely be sufficient for your build, but once again, if you decide to do more upgrades later on, such as nitrous... 42lb injectors would be a good choice. However, I just saw used 36lb GTP injectors for sale in the parts classified section of LS1Tech.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the info and the feedback... I guess I just need the push in which way to go with the headers as I am being Indecisive with that decision.

What do you guys think about these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/36lb-bosch-f...0a57fc&vxp=mtr

They are flow matched within 2% and have a warranty and has 100% feedback.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Obviously since you did not choose a donkey dick cam, I assume you were looking for strong mid-range to upper rpm output. The 1 3/4 will get you good trq below 3500 rpm.
I agree with getting 42lbs injectors but keep in mind that pump/harness needs some attention too. I recommend pnp Racetronic pump kit.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Obviously since you did not choose a donkey dick cam, I assume you were looking for strong mid-range to upper rpm output. The 1 3/4 will get you good trq below 3500 rpm.
I agree with getting 42lbs injectors but keep in mind that pump/harness needs some attention too. I recommend pnp Racetronic pump kit.
Exactly, it is a daily driver that im not concerned with having to slip the clutch in the parking lot but I want it to be tame cruising the interstate at 60-75 mph or going through town which should be easily done cruising at above 1300RPMs in whatever gear. But as I said I will be using this as a daily driver and want the low end torque there for when I am cruising in 6th at 60-70mph and come up on a hill or something. So maybe I should go with the 1 3/4" as ive been led to believe I may see a 2-5hp peak going with the 1 7/8" which I wont feel in the seat of pants anyways. So I guess I am just looking for a good reason to go with the 1 7/8" because TSP were quick answered as pushing me toward the 1 3/4" but that $130 saved on headers can go toward the injectors... So far 1 person for 1 7/8 and 1 person for 1 3/4??????

Last edited by chawin; 02-23-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Same guy I bought those exact injectors from. One of mine was dead on arrival. I found out on the dyno when my #3 primary was only reading 130 degrees.

I contacted him about it and he shipped me a new one right away. Stand-up guy for sure.

I personally chose the 1 7/8" TSP headers. Why not do it once? **What if** eventually you want to go bigger cubes, blower, something else? You'll be happy you have the headers you need to maximize the cars potential. They've already been proven to make more power with a stock cube / bolt on motor. They shine even better with H/C/I

And like Predator said, spend another 200 bucks on the Racetronix 255 with the hotwire kit.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

I do get what youre saying... What if I do have to yank it to rebuild it and bore it out at the same time then I have the 1 7/8"... **** happens but hands down im doing this to make it as reliable as possible and doing everything right so I could drive it coast to coast and not sweat the reliability of it so we are just going to hope that "****" doesnt happen.

Sounds like I will prob. go through him for the injectors since you had a positive experience with him (besides the fluke injector). Unless someone on here has some 36lb Injectors for sale???? Ive been reading the F/S section as well

Quick Reply: Headers and injectors