Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5R heads questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: C5R heads questions

Depends on what you want to do with these heads. The problems are they have HUGE intake ports that no other intakes except sheetmetal ones will work with, they have changed the valve angle from 15 degrees to 11, and the combustion chamber has shrunk to a tiny 38ccs. Depending on what compression you want, you may have issues. It is really nice to see some else actually using these wicked peices. I have taken alot of flack for planning to build a twin turboed C5R engine, but have changed plans and will be running a NA 427ci C5R engine. Also you will need to change to Jesel adjustable shaft mount rocker arms, custom lenght pushrods, and a set of Magnesium C5R valve covers. Hope this helps
Old 03-08-2003, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C5R heads questions

I may be picking up a set of Katech race ready C5R heads here in the VERY near future. I do have a couple of questions about them though.

It is common knowlege that with these heads you have to have a custom intake built. can anyone recommend someone other than Hogans to do this? Hogans intakes are the best money can buy but will there be much gain over something I can get from Cartech, Speed inc. etc.

These will be bolted onto a C5R block. Will there be any issues as far as mating the heads to the block? Valve camfers etc.

Is there anything I should know before I bolt this up?

Quick Reply: C5R heads questions