Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trick flow heads and cam?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
With 425rwhp/380rwtq through an unlocked Th400 and a 5900rpm stall, 12 bolt w/ spool and 4.11's I was able to go 6.38@104.5mph in the 1/8th mile. That equates to roughly a 10.05@129mph in the 1/4 mile. Granted I was at 3000lbs race weight and consistently cut 1.29-1.31 60's and consistent 4.05-4.10 330' times.....but it is possible with even less power than these guys are telling you.

This was a cam-only set-up with the only power adding modifications being the camshaft, ARH 1x7/8" headers, a Fast92/96 and a 4" cold air intake plumbed to the catfish mouth.

If you'd like to find a solid direction to take with your build give me a call tomorrow@336-719-0599 and I'll get you straightened out and on the right path.
Thank you Martin, I'm working tomorrow but I will definitely give you a call on Tuesday... Basically I want a streetable 500rwhp car. I'm not going for 1/4 times or 1/8 times. I don't track my car at all. I just like the feeling of all that get up and go power. I have a friend with a supercharged 2010 SS with just shy of 600rwhp and its a blast, he doens't track his car either. This car is gonna have extra weight in it from also having a custom interior, and stereo. This is purely a custom 1 of Camaro that I want to build for the purpose of just building it. I have no budget and want to put the best of the best into my car. from Custom paint and pinstripe to the best bolt ons and wheels and tires. I already have this project marked out at the $45k-$50k range
Old 03-17-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usnfenix
OP, in all seriousness you need to throttle back with all your plans your spouting off and do alot of research. most of your plans do not work well together in the parts you are selecting. also it seems that you are building around a simple goal of wanting 500rwhp. question, have you ever ridden in a 500rwhp car? what about 400rwhp? cars with both these numbers are capable of running the exact same times in a 1/4 mile race. HP doesnt really mean much, it is a unit of measure created by man. torque is a real value based off pyhsics. and 1/4 times speak for themselves. start slow with your build, simple bolt ons, intake and exhaust, and go up from there. figure out what it is you want and if this will be a street car or a drag strip car. is it going to be a daily driver, how much do you want to put into it and what times would you like to run in a 1/4? figure these things out first. you will find that even just 400rwhp in an f body may be all you want and you will run the time you want. 400rwhp would probably impress you as it seems you dont have much time with cars like this based of how you post. seriously take my advice on this and do your homework and do not buy XXXhp kits. if all you want is a XXX hp dyno queen then by all means throw whatever you want in there or just pay off a dyno guy to fix the numbers. if you want real results and a well performing street car/track car then do your research before you throw parts at it and the payoff will be better. good luck

yes I have been in plenty of high horsepower vehicles. from a 98 turboed Z28 with over 600rwhp to my friends 590rwhp 2010 SS to a 560awhp Gallardo. I've driven a Z06 and procharged C5. I know what power is like. I may be young and dumb but this car is not for the track at all. I purely want the horsepower just to have it. This is gonna be a $45-$50K build for me. From custom interior, custom paint, stereo and I want to keep the stock LS1 block. why because thats what I want. I don't care if this seems stupid or a waste of time to you but its what I want to do. I just to compile the ultimate build list of the best parts and I was just throwing that out there as a possibility. I'm totally open to whatever set you you (the members) would benefit me best. It is going to be a daily driven show car with XXXhp for me personal wants.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it comes down to it I'll build a boost LS1 and throw a F-1 trim supercharger on there with the FAST 102 and whatever heads/cam package with 1 7/8 long tubes through Kooks true duals. Really I don't care what goes on my car as long as it provides the best performance and best quality.

First I want a N/A motor and if 475-500 isnt enough i'll go boost.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Seriously?
...yeah?

500WHP NA, or 500WHP with a $3000 blower.

Tough call.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1T56FTW
...yeah?

500WHP NA, or 500WHP with a $3000 blower.

Tough call.

No 475-500 N/A or 550+ with a blower.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DemonicZ
No 475-500 N/A or 550+ with a blower.
Sent you a PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DemonicZ
Thank you Martin, I'm working tomorrow but I will definitely give you a call on Tuesday... Basically I want a streetable 500rwhp car. I'm not going for 1/4 times or 1/8 times. I don't track my car at all. I just like the feeling of all that get up and go power. I have a friend with a supercharged 2010 SS with just shy of 600rwhp and its a blast, he doens't track his car either. This car is gonna have extra weight in it from also having a custom interior, and stereo. This is purely a custom 1 of Camaro that I want to build for the purpose of just building it. I have no budget and want to put the best of the best into my car. from Custom paint and pinstripe to the best bolt ons and wheels and tires. I already have this project marked out at the $45k-$50k range
Give me a call and tell me what you'd really like to do. Whether it be turbo with a/c, procharger kit with a/c, or a nasty N/A build I can make it a reality!

We work very closely with Huron Speed who has a very nice T4 turbo kit that retains A/C and with a 7875 Turbonetics turbo and a stock bottom end you can reliably make 600-650rwhp all day long with a nice cam to give it some thump at idle. We also work very closely with Procharger and can get you set-up with a D1SC kit or even larger blower than that if you would like to build a forged engine to handle the added power.

All that said, I love a nasty N/A build just as much as the boosted stuff and if N/A is your kind of style I can make that happen also!

Quick Reply: trick flow heads and cam?