Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers

Looking to add a set of headers to my 2001 WS6 along with Borla exhaust. Motor is stock with exception of SLP MAF and K&N cold induction upgrade. Any advice for buying headers or a specific brand and an approximate cost I should budget for installation. Just a weekend car but wanted some extra goodies.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're in the same boat brother! I plan on ordering TSP 1 7/8" stainless steel headers and their stainless ORY. I also plan on ordering their exhaust manifolds (GM OEM), NGK plug/wire bundle, poly motor mounts from WS6 store, corvette 02's, and a frost tune. I've been waiting a few years and have read dozens of threads.

Keep in mind, you could buy more expensive headers such as Kooks or American Racing Headers, but they'll be more expensive(made in the USA and a bit better fit). Althought TSP now has the velocity spike at the collector like Kooks so their getting closer and closer...

Edit: this should be in Gen III External...
Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here I've started to look into full exhaust for this year and from what I've seen the TSP 1 7/8 headers and ORY is the way to go. Haven't decided on what lid to go with.

Quick Reply: Headers