Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gettin ready for cam need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 05:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gettin ready for cam need help

im about to order a texas speed v3 cam, I want to know what size injectors I should get? also im going to get a MAF sensor with a few companies they sell one with a cold air tune is that the one I should I get? Im going to do a set of 243 heads my ? is how much does cnc porting cost, the super chevy show is this weekend but I wanna know how much its gunna cost me to get them worked so I know how much I can spend on them to make it worth it not just to buy some that are built from a company. Thanks for any info in advance
Old 07-15-2013, 06:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

If your car is street driven, I would reconsider using TV3 cam (Any LSK lobes). There are newer lobes that carry good lifts without the harsh side effects of super aggressive ramps.
Now let us say you are more interested in maximum impact, and are willing to change/inspect/test springs on a more frequent intervals then by all means.
Plus, LSK lobes have such high lifts that you actually use very little, because stock heads flow poorly past .600 so throwing .650 at it is like throwing pebbles at a concrete wall->Little or no effect.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Advanced Induction to have your heads ported. I think they are around 1k to have them fully done depending on what all you have them do.

As for the injectors, you should be fine runing the stock injectors. I've ran a few cams now around the size of the V2 and V3 and never had any fuel related issues.

Not sure what you mean about a MAF sensor with a cold air tune.........either do a full street/dyno tune or get a mail order tune done through Frost. Hope this helps
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There are many more user friendly cams out there. The one you have picked is going to be very hard on your valve train. Call Texas Speed, Vengeance Racing, or any of the sponsor shops on here and discuss your goals and they will be able to help you select the right cam for you engine.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like most of the big companies charge around $1000 for CNC work. Since you're gonna have someone do the heads, wouldn't hurt to have them spec a cam to go with their headwork.

Quick Reply: gettin ready for cam need help