Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter ticking?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifter ticking?

So I was out driving in traffic today coming home from work, so my car was up to Op temp, hammered on it coming down an on ramp and then pulled up to the house and I now have this ticking sound coming from the motor. Is this the notorious lifter noise I keep reading about on these LS1s? My car has NEVER made this sound until today. Did I damage something else? . I'm kinda afraid to drive to not risk further damage. Was trying to upload a video but it was too long I guess. Have redo it.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same thing at the beginning of the year...hammered it on the feeder road while getting on to the access ramp...got into the limiter some and noticed a stutter followed by ticking on the right side of the motor...it pretty much cleared up by the time I got home. However I was paranoid and used it as reason to go ahead swap 243 heads and put in a smaller cam, t-rex to F13. For the record the lobes on the Trex were just fine and lifter showed no wear. I still went ahead and put in new lifters/trays etc...

Quick Reply: Lifter ticking?