Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come on in and Help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Come on in and Help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll first start off with 4 months ago I picked up a 98 WS6 with a spun #6 Rod Bearing. Pulled the motor rebuilt everything back to stock specs also had the heads reconditioned and new stock valve springs, LS7 lifters and Then what I thought was i was picking up a stock Z06 cam, which it is Plus LS6 intake headers basic bolt ons. Everything went together fine, time came to fire the fresh motor up. Everything went well, ran the just shut off, Checked fuel and spark and codes. I was throwing high voltage Cam Sensor, Come to find out the cam i purchased "used" is an LS7 Z06 cam, as we all know now I have two choices Change the cam for a new one "WHICH MONEY IS TIGHT" or purchase an LS2 timing cover and new gear all about $200.00 out of pocket plus my labor.

guess my question is how will a stock ls1 with stock push rods and stock springs run with an LS7 Z06 cam, with the stock 1.7 rockers the lift will be 558/558 is this two much, will I be loosing to much bottom end?
What is your guys thinking on this, I know I messed up but just want to get it running.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a cam sensor extension harness? is it a 3 bolt or 1 bolt? because the LS7 Z06? unless your going to get a GEN VI front timing conversion ie sensor, timing set and cover its not worth it in the long run. LS7s run on a 1.8 rockers i believe.

i would just drop that cam and go with a custom grind, sell that LS7 cam and with that 200 you would spend on the LS2 front set save it and get a custom cam.

Quick Reply: Come on in and Help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!