Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter Leak down....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Lifter Leak down....

Morel leak test every hyd roller lifter they ship.....every lifter. No batch testing. Each lifter is filled to 97% of capacity and then a leak down test is preformed. It must meet or exceed specs before it ships. Shipped lifters are filled with a light oil from Morel. This protects the valving mechanism. In some cases you may be able to depress the pushrod seat a bit. Now soaking in oil will not change this. The system is not full and will not get full until priming of the engine or you light it off and the lifters get oil pressure.

The key thing here is EVERY MOREL lifter is Leak checked. I had a competitors in here the other day that checked at 11 seconds, OEM is 40 to 50 seconds.

Quality cost money!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cstraub
Morel leak test every hyd roller lifter they ship.....every lifter. No batch testing. Each lifter is filled to 97% of capacity and then a leak down test is preformed. It must meet or exceed specs before it ships. Shipped lifters are filled with a light oil from Morel. This protects the valving mechanism. In some cases you may be able to depress the pushrod seat a bit. Now soaking in oil will not change this. The system is not full and will not get full until priming of the engine or you light it off and the lifters get oil pressure.

The key thing here is EVERY MOREL lifter is Leak checked. I had a competitors in here the other day that checked at 11 seconds, OEM is 40 to 50 seconds.

Quality cost money!
Hi Chris,
From the 7 set of Morel's I got through 5 years for my engine, one lifter didn't pump from the start...

3 warm-up cycles and I got the video below...and had to replace it:

PS: This set of Morel's didn't come from you neither from Ed Curtis.
Christian

Quick Reply: Lifter Leak down....