Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delete EVAP on intake manifold LSI

Old 10-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delete EVAP on intake manifold LSI

I'm installing an LS1 from a 2000 transam in my 67 Camaro. What has anyone done to cap off the EVAP Purge Solenoid? Is there a plug available? Want it to look nice and clean. Any suggestions on how to do it and what to use to make it or where to buy it? Pics if possible would be appreciated!

Last edited by CamaroLance; 10-20-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you mean egr hole on the intake? Whatever you do don't use a rubber expansion plug, it looks horrible and cheap! I believe ws6store sells a nice one..
Old 10-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks for responding

No...I don't mean the egr hole on the intake. I'm talking about the EVAP cellanoid where it plugs into the intake next to the throttle body on the side. It uses the GM line like a gas filter line. I want to know what can be used to cap that and have it look nice.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroLance
No...I don't mean the egr hole on the intake. I'm talking about the EVAP cellanoid where it plugs into the intake next to the throttle body on the side. It uses the GM line like a gas filter line. I want to know what can be used to cap that and have it look nice.
Rubber cap from auto zone, zip tie it shut..

You can do the same for the TB bypass while your there, should clean all that up..
Old 10-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for your response. That's a good idea. I've been trying to find ideas online of what other people have done.. I was hoping to find a nice little chrome cap to cap it with. Is there something out there for this? It would be called the EVAP Purge Solenoid. Anybody have suggestions on what you did on your build to plug it?

Last edited by CamaroLance; 10-20-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech! SEARCH will be your best friend around here.

Why do you want to delete the evap solenoid?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just cap off where the purge valve goes to the intake with rubber cap and clamp it on there and your good to go.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The rubber caps at AZ, Advance, Oreillys work well... For a limited time. It doesn't take long at ALL before the heat takes it's toll and they become dry rotted and cracked.

Just enough time for you to forget about it, then get a vacuum leak and pull your hair out trying to figure out what's going on...

I'd recommend silicone caps. But the rubber will be fine for a while. Just inspect/replace them every oil change or so.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

I installed the Ls1 in a 67 Camaro. I don't need EVAP...it gets pinned out.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Default EVAP SOLENOID CAP/ Plug

I know they have conversions for you to change the quick connects on the fuel rail. Maybe I can get a quick connect to A/N. Anyone know of any brands?
Thanks for the responses I've gotten.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well fromt the other responses im assuming it is not the same as on a truck but if its the same you can remove the whole purge cyl and it leaves about a 1/2" hole. I used a rubber oil plug from orilyes. Its just like a rubber expansion plug not the prettiest but works well. Just has a wing nut on it. Im sure it could then be dressed with a chrome cover
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you are using the stock ECM for this motor ,it is not much work to run a return line to your gas tank.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Your right..that's what I'm going to do. Do you know what that cellinoid is called? Also what do I have to do with the fuel regulator? I was going to go with the single line corvette style. Any pointers you can give me on setting the system up would be appreciated. Thanks for your response. Sorry for the delay in writing back.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used a vac cap. on a intake was going going to sell. But all vac caps suck and only last like one year, now a days. So check and change it out, when it starts to crack.
Ive cut the step off, and put a metal setscrew in that spot, its a small hole, so I think 10-32 fits or 1/4 20. But did the thing were you use a non botteming tap with the thread leads and dont tap it far. Or drill it out bigger and use NPT, but thats kinda big for the evap hole (1/8 NPT in normally the smallest found)
Old 01-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

So are saying go with a single line or a dual line set up or cap off the EVAP port on intake? I know that I need to have a feed and a return. Do I need a return also for the EVAP off intake right to the tank. When I set up the harness should have the EVAP cellinoid wired in so the return work? How should I set up fuel regulator ? Was going to use corvette fuel filter with one in it. Have the return off that now.how do I do with the return off the intake ( EVAP ) do I need 3 port on fuel tank or tie in to the return off filter. Would like to keep the fuel daimpener on the rail.
All info is help full. Thank you in advance. Please reply if you read this and have info
Please reply studderin. Thanks
Old 01-09-2014, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroLance
I know they have conversions for you to change the quick connects on the fuel rail. Maybe I can get a quick connect to A/N. Anyone know of any brands?
Thanks for the responses I've gotten.
Here ya go hoss:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/644123/10002/-1

Russell also makes fittings that just clip on - I would steer clear of those as I've seen numerous cars using them that had their bays hosed down in fuel and go up in flames.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Delete EVAP on intake manifold LSI