Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bbk vs kooks headers on ls1

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
like i said man i dont see how you're getting double? are you getting a y pipe as well? and yes 304 is supposed to be 304 however take hardened steel tool from china and then a snap on one and see which one fails under axial load first lol
Well its double because regular price for Kooks are $1056 TSP $550 that is almost double. Yeah i can see where that is a valid point im just not sure what im getting for the money man. Like im all for americans working and supporting americans but at the cost of my hard in dollars going the same distance its a wonder why we are in the situation we are in (Political not going there) but budget mindfulness is where im at i got a HUGE project ahead of me and want to make the right choice for budget and quality.

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
True... Not all stainless is the same. See SLP as a prime example. They started making their catbacks out of 409SS and a lot of folks weren't happy.

At the end if the day OP, the choice is yours. I'd gladly support US Made if it was within the budget. But just bc TSP might be made overseas, doesn't mean the QA/QC stops there.

My Camaro numbers were made with TSP 1 7/8" and I loved them. Didn't have to remove the oil block off though... Not sure where that's coming from. First I've heard of it.

For the steering linkage, it's 2 15mm bolts and takes all of two minutes. It's easy. Also never had to touch a motor mount. You have to finagle them a bit, but they slide up and in easy.
Ok yeah not all SS is the same ok i can reason with that. but cost is cost and im researching both on this forum and off to see the best route. Im leaning toward TSP just for cost reasons really.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

here ya go man. I dont think ive ever seen kooks for that much. remember tsp will charge 50 or so shipping so it nears 600. call maryland speed and they will get much closer to that number as i said also ws6 store and i believe maryland have free shipping

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=5101

http://marylandspeed.com/headers-ypipes-c-49_152.html
Old 12-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Teching In

here ya go man. I dont think ive ever seen kooks for that much. remember tsp will charge 50 or so shipping so it nears 600. call maryland speed and they will get much closer to that number as i said also ws6 store and i believe maryland have free shipping http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=5101 http://marylandspeed.com/headers-ypipes-c-49_152.html
Yeah that's the sale prices I've found yeah TSP has shipping Maryland-speedo has taxes for me almost equal out lol but thanks for all the input And your help and knowledge I'm going to research tsp more hopefully I can figure pricing out to get a good deal
Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

ya man no prob fwiw. when i priced out kooks and arh everyone was around that 850 once i called and spoke to someone even with no "sale" going on marlyand was cheaper but eventually i just went with who had the best deal on ARH's as my buddy already had kooks and i wanted something different lol
Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Teching In

ya man no prob fwiw. when i priced out kooks and arh everyone was around that 850 once i called and spoke to someone even with no "sale" going on marlyand was cheaper but eventually i just went with who had the best deal on ARH's as my buddy already had kooks and i wanted something different lol
Yeah I've got a lot of research to do with my build coming up this site has lots of helpful info!! Sounds dumb what's fwiw?
Old 12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got done buying a set of used Kooks 1 3/4 and I can tell you, the welding and craftsmanship is amazing. Maybe wait for a used set.

I was able to get the headers, and send them out to get coated for the price of brand new ones. so, there are deals out there....

fwiw- for what it's worth
Old 12-16-2013, 08:04 PM
TECH Veteran

comparason of my old bbk's to my new arh's. arh has their own unique header design as most other brands share the same design lol just to be a little different. as grimes said the quality on my buddys kooks and as you see in my arh's is amazing lol

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...1-7-8-arh.html
Old 12-16-2013, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

OP get Kooks and stop complaining. They are awesome headers and are very quality.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
OP get Kooks and stop complaining. They are awesome headers and are very quality.
No ones complaining. I'm just budget strapped and wanna make a good decision
Old 12-17-2013, 04:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes kooks are expensive, but the quality is worth it in my eyes. My girlfriend bought me kooks with y pipe, coated and all. So it was awesome for me lol.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

save up and do it right the first time. cheaping out and going with foreign metal that hasn't been annealed / passivated properly will only cause you headaches in the future when you start developing stress cracks.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give me a call or PM when ready. Let me know what other vendors quote, I will always try to meet or beat the competition on Kooks or any other products you may need.

Quick Reply: Bbk vs kooks headers on ls1