Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will upgrading injectors on a bone stock LS1 make any difference?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am assuming that HP Tuners is correct. Yes. Otherwise I would have to tape someone under the hood and measure it with a real time DVOM and then do quite a few calculations with the wind blowing at his face.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

AFR tells the story not the "cheap" scan tools we use. If the AFR is OK the engine is OK for NA atleast. Guys with "faster than they should be" cars tend to agree with trying to max out injectors for best ET. More folks should listen to those guys rather than the people who just spend mountains of cash.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I can also use a fuel pressure gauge to watch the pressure drop at WOT on quite a few cars. That means you go back in and skew the PE/MAP/VE table to meet your afr and ask for more duty cycle on your injectors. Seems legit.

The AFR will also lose resolution at the end of the tail pipe where nearly all dynos are set up to pull the reading from. Yes there are a few guys that weld in the bung or have the extra bung in the header do to that with, but not as many as use the tail pipe sniffer.

If you set the AFR and the DC is 101% you dont see a problem with that, then I see a problem with your reasoning. Tell me how a 5k snap on/otc scanner is cheap also.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jsteele90
im still on stock fuel pump with racetronix harness upgrade and 36lb fast injectors
what is your duty cycle % on this setup? im going to be running the same thing + the racetronix pump

Quick Reply: Will upgrading injectors on a bone stock LS1 make any difference?