Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 pcv valve relocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 pcv valve relocation

Wanting to put my pcv valve in the center of the my valley cover. any reason this wont work?I just bought GMPP aluminum valve covers and they don't have holes for pcv valve. Iam running a proflow intake so clearance isn't a issue .I pulled the cover off and there is a dimple in the middle between the knock sencers should get less oil splatter there than in the valve cover,Any thoughts or comments?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You will see less oil splatter under the valley cover (the valve covers fill with oil when engine speed is high)...

but you also need a place for the fresh air (from upstream of TB) to enter the block without getting directly sucked out before it flushes the bottom of the block...

the LS6/LS2 PCV system has fresh air entering the RHS valve cover, and exiting at the front of the valley cover (so the fresh air has to at least travel down past the lifter windows before being sucked up into the valley...).
Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
You will see less oil splatter under the valley cover (the valve covers fill with oil when engine speed is high)...

but you also need a place for the fresh air (from upstream of TB) to enter the block without getting directly sucked out before it flushes the bottom of the block...

the LS6/LS2 PCV system has fresh air entering the RHS valve cover, and exiting at the front of the valley cover (so the fresh air has to at least travel down past the lifter windows before being sucked up into the valley...).
So your saying that if I pull a tube from right valve cover up to in front of the throttle body? I am running the 90mm edelbrock 3864 throttle body that doesn't have a pcv tube on it can I pull it from my air intake tube?also will I need baffling on the valve cover or in the valley?
Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Anywhere between TB and MAF is ok for filtered fresh air source. Some people use a filtered breather on the valve cover, but this source of air is not metered by MAF.

GM stock valve covers have baffles.

GM stock LS6/LS2 valley covers have a baffle box... but you might still need a catch can (one that is able to properly separate oil from air).

Quick Reply: LQ4 pcv valve relocation