Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector Cleaner!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Cleaner!!!!

hello, I just had a question. I read that chevron techron and redline are good injection cleaners along with berryman b12. I was wondering though if I put these in my gas tank will this have a possibility of clogging up my fuel filter or gum up my injectors? just thought id try it out since im about to hit 130k. Also I dont know when the last time the fuel filter was changed due to I got the car at 118k. I heard of that the cleaner dosent clean up the dirt and all that but cleans up varnish and anthing on the injectors, but couldn't quite seem to find the right answer. Also not wanting to change the fuel filter right now and thats why Im asking if it would be ok. The car is a ls1 TA. thanks
Old 03-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MagicBullet
Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Fuel injector cleaner has some cleaning properties through the entire fuel system. If the tank and lines have crud in them, there's a chance it will break loose and clog stuff up.

Rather than take that chance, you could use the type that plugs directly into the fuel rail, and you run the engine out of the can. More expensive, but it works better on the injectors.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaner!!!!