Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KNOCK SENSOR QUESTION!!! please any help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KNOCK SENSOR QUESTION!!! please any help?

hello I have a 02 trans am and I have had it for about a little over a year now. I noticed shortly after getting the car, one night driving home the CEL came on and didnt think much of it and then found out it was the P0332(knock sensor low output for the rear knock sensor) Well I kept driving and also thought that it felt a little less power from it after the light as triggered. Also though I noticed that my fuel gauge would just go down quick also. Also my RPM's would move ever so slightly from like 600 to 700 down to 550 or so at a stop in Drive. Would this code make it where there is less power and also a decrease in gas mileage and also my RPM's to move a little? I am going to get it fixed but just wanted a little more info on it. I know that when the code is triggered that the engine goes into a lower octane that decreases timing so the engine will keep safe, but any other info would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-10-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also on the same note it is throwing a P0410 code which is air injector code but I have read that this code shouldn't reduce mileage or power.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Try the diagnostic/tune forum.....

Quick Reply: KNOCK SENSOR QUESTION!!! please any help?