Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roller Rocker upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Roller Rocker upgrade question

Hay, Im swaping my stock LS1 components (heads, cam, valves, spring, retainers, and intake) for LS6 Z06 components. The swap calls for reusing my stock roller rockers. If I wanted to upgrade the roller rockers, do I need non-self aligning roller rockers with guide plates, or self aligning without guid plates?

Also, the cam is
Lift: .550” / .550”
Duration @ .050: 204 I / 218 E
Lobe Centerline: 117.5-degree

will I be able to use 1.8 ratio roller rockers with this cam, or should I stick with a stock ratio of 1.7? Can anyone tell me what my lift would be with this cam and 1.8 ratio roller rockers? Any recomendations?

DKL

UPDATE: I talked with crane cams, they said that with this cam and 1.8 ratio roller rockers, my lift would be .582/.582. Is this an acceptable lift for my new springs to handle?

<small>[ March 11, 2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: DarkLordFtT ]</small>
Old 03-11-2003, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Roller Rocker upgrade question

The new peak lift numbers would be around .600 (pretty darn hi)with 1.85 roller rockers (SLP) If you do this you will want to use a different spring other than the 02 Zo6 spring. Most here are going to reccomend that you go with the stock rockers and just pick a cam with the lift you want already ground in. The stock rocker is roller, whether it is as good as the SLP I do not know. I would speculate that the SLP units do not have any advantage over the stock instead of the different ratio. I dont know anything about the other brand rockers.

Hope this helps

-Nick
Old 03-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Roller Rocker upgrade question

Most likely I will stick with the stock. Its been recomended by other people also. Just for my knowledge though, would I need guide plates and non-self aligning or just self-aligning?