Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problems after head swap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems after head swap?

Goodday everyone! I was wondering what could cause electrical problems after a my heads were redone. Im guessing a pinched wire or bad ground? Based on these following codes could it be a bad pcm or ground? I couldn't find a unhooked ground theres some I can feel behind both heads the one by the battery one by the strut mount ontop so I dont know maybe its the one behind the intake mani? If its a wire maybe the codes have something in common that can help someone guide me in the right direction of finding the shorted wire? I will check the pcm tomorrow for broken pins and spray it with MAF cleaner anyways thanks alot!!!

Old 03-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah my AC stopped working a couple of days after this and my fog lights dont work I switched the relay and they work then I guess it pops the relay also a couple days after I got my car back the AC stopped so I bought the refil and the AC isnt vacuuming so the clutch isnt engaging? I changed the relay and nothing I might try changing fuse 24 and check the compressors connection thanks!!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

I guess im going to take it to an auto electrician monday ill let you guys know what they find
Old 03-16-2014, 11:53 PM
FormerVendor

Default Grounds

Could be a loose or missing ground strap from the cylinder head to the vehicle. That can impact the ground reference for a lot of the ECM/PCM related sensors.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

I put my hand in the back of the driver side head and felt the ground there maybe its loose? Ill try to tighten it but its gonna be a pita lol
Old 03-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Could this be the problem?

Quick Reply: Electrical problems after head swap?