Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Only M6 build Advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Only M6 build Advise

Ok fellas, I've been reading thru the forums so that I don't repost something that has already been asked but had lil luck. Anyway....

I have a 2000 M6 WS6 with 86,000 original miles on the clock. Stainless steel lid (like SLP lid), K&N air filter, NW 102 TB, FAST 102 intake, Pacesetter LT, no cats, QTP 3" cut out, Borla cat back, LS7 clutch (might need a new one soon), Stage 4 transmission, 390 gears (I will be needing a 12 bolt soon), and about to buy Mickey Thompson drag radials (18" all around). I did the LS6 Valley Cover conversion with new knock sensor and harness, along with new map sensor and harness. I do not have a catch can yet! I have stock injectors, stock fuel pump, ( I plan on upgrading the fuel system with cam swap). NGK plugs, MSD wires and free mods.

Suspension I have the non adjustable panhard bar, Lower trailing arms w relocation brackets because I lowered it all around w eibach springs, KYB adjustable shocks up front and 3 way adjustable competitive engineering shocks in back. No safety loop or Sub frame connectors yet!

It is currently tuned by Pat G. Pat gave me his recipe for a GREAT build but for now I want to add a lil power before summer.

Ok...... I say all that to ask if a cam only swap would do me justice? And what Cam do you recommend. I was thinking something like a Z06 cam or something bigger that I can get good HP/TQ and a pretty sick sounding chop. I want to be able to drive it around town and get down when need be. I plan on driving it to San Antonio from Corpus (1 &1/2 drive) from time to time on my weekends off. I am thinking of getting a smaller wheel w a true drag tire for track times later, but for now will be on DR.

Any recommendations on a good place to Port and polish around Corpus Christi/ San Antonio/ Houston

As for "wish list"
Dual clutch
Trick Flow 215 heads
Pat G Cam
12 bolt/ 9 rearend

Thanks in advance!! Your time is greatly appreciated. Ram

Quick Reply: Cam Only M6 build Advise