Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9 Swap-Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9 Swap-Need Help

I'm going to start a new build soon to go in my 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500. I'm set on the LQ9 block and have most of the other components picked but just need a little help on some of the other parts. Here's a list of my components so far, if y'all have any recommendations for parts already picked, fell free to say, open to all help:
CNC Ported L92 Heads
Hollow Valves
Holley Hi-Ram Intake
BBK Power-Plus 102mm TB
Kooks LT Headers
Random Technology Cats
True Duals with X-Pipe
Granatelli Plug Wires

Then when its all said and done, a custom tune.
I need some help on choosing my Cam (also components associated with a cam ex. springs, rockers, pushrods, lifters) mufflers, stall converter, fuel injectors and new gears

No towing, if any would just be jetski, four wheeler, that kinda thing. I want it as a daily that hauls ***. Need reasonable gas mileage, but want to be able to race ever now and then. Also mudding occasionally

Also, wanting to get a 2" leveling kit with 33's if that helps.

Last edited by xXxKUMQUATxXx; 03-30-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Default Bump

Come on guys, I could really use some help
Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Talk to Martin Smallwood at Tick Performance he spec'd me a cam that has good street manners and friggin rips when I get on it. My setup I went with Brian Tooley valvesprings and pushrods and ls7 lifters
Old 04-07-2014, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by xXxKUMQUATxXx
I'm going to start a new build soon to go in my 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500. I'm set on the LQ9 block and have most of the other components picked but just need a little help on some of the other parts. Here's a list of my components so far, if y'all have any recommendations for parts already picked, fell free to say, open to all help:
CNC Ported L92 Heads
Hollow Valves
Holley Hi-Ram Intake
BBK Power-Plus 102mm TB
Kooks LT Headers
Random Technology Cats
True Duals with X-Pipe
Granatelli Plug Wires

Then when its all said and done, a custom tune.
I need some help on choosing my Cam (also components associated with a cam ex. springs, rockers, pushrods, lifters) mufflers, stall converter, fuel injectors and new gears

No towing, if any would just be jetski, four wheeler, that kinda thing. I want it as a daily that hauls ***. Need reasonable gas mileage, but want to be able to race ever now and then. Also mudding occasionally

Also, wanting to get a 2" leveling kit with 33's if that helps.
That sounds like a really nice set-up!

We are dealers for PTC and FTI converters and could help match a stall converter and camshaft for your combination and intended usage. We're also dealers for FIC(fuel injector connection) and Fast so injectors could be taken care of as well. We like to use Spin Tech mufflers as they have a lot of different options and great sound/flow for the intended application. Gears can also be taken care of as well.

I'd be glad to help you with a recommendation if you'd like one.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
That sounds like a really nice set-up!

We are dealers for PTC and FTI converters and could help match a stall converter and camshaft for your combination and intended usage. We're also dealers for FIC(fuel injector connection) and Fast so injectors could be taken care of as well. We like to use Spin Tech mufflers as they have a lot of different options and great sound/flow for the intended application. Gears can also be taken care of as well.

I'd be glad to help you with a recommendation if you'd like one.
Thanks Martin@Tick and baronsmith98! Finally got some help around here, LOL. I would LOVE some recommendations on valve train, stall converter, injectors, and gears. Going to email you now!

Quick Reply: LQ9 Swap-Need Help