Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004 | 11:31 PM
Teching In

Default Warranty Issue

Well to make a long stury short after I got done racing my friends Z28... we heard this kinda ticking sound. It never did it beofre, 40K miles on a WS6 so i thought it strange and took it by our local mechanic. He says LS1 bend a rocker arm every once in a while. Well we have GMs protection plan and they will fix it... (minus the telling them we were racing). Well at the local GM dealership they said it was a carbon knock...? From biult up carbon. Now I run the hell out of this thing, I was wondering if anybody else ever experianced this problem and what are the chances that it is a bent rocker arm or some internal problem. Becuase it if it isnt the warranty wont cover them taking the intake off and looking. Thanks
Old 05-21-2004 | 11:39 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

m6? if so i'd put my money on a bent pushrod. very easy fix. i've never heard of a rocker arm bending, loosing needle bearings yes but bending no. to check for bent pushrods:

remove the coil packs
pull the vavle covers
pull the rockers
pull the pushrods
roll them on a flat surface
replace as need be
reinstall all the ****

go to ls1howto.com on the cam install walkthrough if you want more specifcs and go there for the tq specs for the reinstallation.