Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ9 stroker/ stall converter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9 stroker/ stall converter?

Hi, I'm new on the forum.a couple months ago i bought a 2006 Sierra vortec max 2wd LQ9/4l80. Didn't find out tip i got there to pick it up that it had been modded. Has a Callies 406 stroker rotating assembly, comp 54-457-11 cam, yella terra roller rockers, msd coil packs, slp catback, and slp air box.

Well the trans went out in it about a months ago, third went out. it had a shift kit of some sort and a stall converter but i have no info on what stall speed or any other info on it. i got a new trans from gm but I'm not educated on it all enough yet to know what stall converter to get that will work with my cam. it has 3.73 gears in the rear and has stock 265/70-17 tires. its mainly just a partially daily driven truck. never going to see a track. i pull a trailer with a vehicle on it probably a couple times a month. i had no issues with pulling or towing the few times i hauled with it. Just wondering if you all can help give me some input on what stall torque converter would work well and if any of you have any guess at what hp/torque numbers i might be getting with this setup? All positive input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Alex

Quick Reply: LQ9 stroker/ stall converter?