Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq4 timing set

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq4 timing set

My first post. Hope in rite location. Building a 99 lq4 for my sierra. Ordered a double roller set from summit but received one for front cam sensor. Question is can I use it and not have to go through the pain of sending it back and waiting on the new one. Thanks in advance
Old 04-18-2015, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaronhunter
My first post. Hope in rite location. Building a 99 lq4 for my sierra. Ordered a double roller set from summit but received one for front cam sensor. Question is can I use it and not have to go through the pain of sending it back and waiting on the new one. Thanks in advance
You can use it however the double thick chain does require the oil pump to be shimmed (spaced) further out and the timing cover also needs to be ground for oil pump clearance. Those who have done it say no big deal but this explains why most just get a billet single roller, Pro Gear, LS2 chain, or the new C7R piece from Hinson.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Have the pump shims and knew about the clearancing. Just wasn't sure if the cam gears were interchangeable.

Quick Reply: Lq4 timing set