Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APE 408 is alive !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Mike!!

I know what its like to go through an engine build like that. I'm getting close to firing up my new combo as well.

Good luck with the new setup, sounds awesome!

Lee
Old 06-03-2004, 03:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliments guys,

Damian I've pulled bunch of **** out of there already but I need another 25lbs or so to completely offset the weight gain.

Vince you'll have the spotlight soon enough and then both of our rain clouds will be gone. Thanks for sticking by my side through all the crap.

Nick my exhuast is a custom fabbed 3 inch x pipe trual dual setup that a local guy Brandon who actually used to work for TEA fabbed up for me. Its the best sounding exhaust I've had so far and it has 0 rasp which is what I really like about it. I'm not sure if you are coming down with Chris but if so wait until you here it at WOT hehe.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Staging Lane

What mufler is it or is it straight pipe ?
Geomar
Old 06-03-2004, 04:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Double spintech mufflers, one for each side. Really good sounding but I'm not sure if they are the best flowing.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike K.
well my buddy automag aka Jay came through again, here is a short video of the startup and a couple pics. Jay APE should hire you as computer support lol!!!!
Hey, I'll be glad to make APE promotional videos for a small price! Sheeeiiittt - with the engine dyno graph and just this first vid I should at least be able to get a forged 346ci, huh?? Not to mention the rest of the videos we will be producing on "Runday Sunday" Hmmm maybe the same thing for Futral??? I hope you end up doing the tuning on a friday/saturday, I'll be able to video that as well. I still have like 20 mins of tape to go through from yesterday, so more videos will be coming, that was just a throw together to get something to ya last night. Seriously though, your car sounds friggin' KICKASS and I'm very happy you finally got a great setup!!

If anyone is having trouble with the links Mike provided above for the video, try this --- Mike's motor vid - Right click & Save As...
Old 06-03-2004, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Mike, you ( and everyone else ) went through serious crap from JPR, you deserve this man! It's got to be a beast now, look forward to you getting tuning!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Vince when is your car projected to be done? Mine should be finished at the end of next week We might be on the road at the same time

Old 06-03-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Mike...that is just awesome man! Very happy to see you being able to enjoy your car again. Its good to have a capable shop like APE in our midst. Hope to see you out at some of the local functions.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I'll be coming out from time to time. I wanted to come out with my previous head/cam package but it did not last long enough for me to have any fun with it. I have a feeling this motor will last a bit longer
Old 06-04-2004, 08:38 AM
CWK
Launching!

Mike K. I hope your motor last longer than mine, my ape 347 last all of 30 minutes. APE has had my motor since MAY 4 and I still don't have my motor 5 weeks later! I was told by chris when I sent the motor back that my lead time would'nt be more than 1-2 weeks turn around at the most.After several calls to APE trying to talk to chris, brain finally gets tired of hearing me call and assures me that I'm 1 priority at APE, and tells me that my shortblock will ship out may 28th. So next wensday I call brian to get the tracking # and he tells me the motor is'nt built yet that it needs a new crank, after four weeks of being at their place. . Maybe I'll have my motor back before six weeks is up . Clay
Old 06-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Clay,
I am truley sorry for our delay in getting your engine back to you. We are making sure that we are giving you a good quality shortblock. The pressure relief valve stuck in your oil pump and failed, which was one of our pumps. That is very uncommon. That tore up the bearings and crank. All of which were replaced with new. We also recoated your domes on your pistons and went ahead and coated your skirts which weren't done origionally. I am doing everything to get you back up and running. I thought that we were taken care of you pretty well, especially with the FAST LSX intake and 90mm throttle body. Once again I apologize for this and we will be shipping your engine to you shortly.

Sorry,
Old 06-04-2004, 10:01 AM
CWK
Launching!

Chris you have taken care of me with the intake and throttle body and I'm greatful that you did.I just think there is a lack of communication between us, I have dealt with you from the begining on the purchase on the motor, but recently it seems that I have to pick brian for information on the status of my motor. I would rather you have contacted with me telling me the situation on the pistons being at the coater and the crank.but instead I'm under the impression my motor left last friday per conversation with brian. I called brian on tuesday or wensday to get the tracking #, he tells me theirs a problem with the crank, I feel you should have called and told me their was a problem instead of waiting until I call wanting the tracking # for my motor that was supposed to ship on friday.Communication would help matters alot.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Sorry Clay from now on I will be your main contact. Once again I am very sorry for this problem.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360
Vince when is your car projected to be done? Mine should be finished at the end of next week We might be on the road at the same time

Allan said the car will be ready on the 21st. I will go pick her up bright and early..
Old 06-04-2004, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

MikeK, I don't know if I've talked to you before, but you have to get up with my friend Brian Armstrong in Lakeland. He has an 01-02 black hardtop Z. He works at the 2nd Walgreens in North Lakeland. He'd be thrilled to see your car.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Redlinez
MikeK, I don't know if I've talked to you before, but you have to get up with my friend Brian Armstrong in Lakeland. He has an 01-02 black hardtop Z. He works at the 2nd Walgreens in North Lakeland. He'd be thrilled to see your car.

Yeah I see that z all the time, now that my car is running I will actually get out more. CWK don't worry, with car parts it always takes longer than expected. This is something I have come to learn. APE will hook you up, I have dealt with the bad and APE is not one of them. They will make sure you are up, running, and satisfied just be patient.