Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L33 Cam help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L33 Cam help.

I have an l33 engine that I picked up off my buddy's dad that I'm getting ready to build slowly. I've read plenty of posts and other forums but nobody gives a definite answer on what cam would give me the most usable power with stock heads. I've read of a few people using those thumpr cams and a few using 224 cams but no definite answer. Thank you in advance.

Forgot to mention that car will basically only be ran on the street.

Last edited by Hunter1324; 07-07-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunter1324
I have an l33 engine that I picked up off my buddy's dad that I'm getting ready to build slowly. I've read plenty of posts and other forums but nobody gives a definite answer on what cam would give me the most usable power with stock heads. I've read of a few people using those thumpr cams and a few using 224 cams but no definite answer. Thank you in advance. Forgot to mention that car will basically only be ran on the street.
The two guys who have done really well at camming truck engines are Kip Fabre and Martin Smallwood. Kip makes Drop in cams that are designed to work well with stock parts. He runs cam motion. Martin is the guy who started the really brainy cam threads and is with Tick Performance.

All of us can add to your list of cams, but if I was just about ready to buy, I would talk to both of them. They will both also still support you past the sale.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just reading martins thread a little bit ago. I'll have to shoot him a message. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Quick Reply: L33 Cam help.