Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help please

I'm not sure if this is in the right section so feel free to move it to where it is appropriate.

Ok one of my friends up in Rochester (where I go to college) has a 6speed, LT1 Trans Am. He has minimal mods that are a crank pulley and ram air. The car has 8x,xxx miles on it as well. Recently his Check engine light came on and the car will not hold a consistent idle. It is still around the normal range of 800 - 1000 but it fluctuates more than it should. On a cold start it wont do this. But after about 20 mintutes of driving the problem starts again. Unfortunately, we dont have anyone with an autotap up here and have no idea what it could be. I was thinking something sensor related like maybe an 02 sensor, but I'm not sure how that would cause a bad idle only after 20 minutes of driving. Then I started thinking maybe it was the pulley. But again I'm not really sure. If anyone has any thoughts or any of you live in rochester and can offer autotap services we would really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading

Rob
Old 03-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need some help please

well with out a scan tool it is tought to say. a guess would be something along the lines of a problem with the idle air controll, but as i said with out the scan tool data it is really just a guess.