Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stroker build question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker build question

I have stockpiled parts and cash and am now ready to get a short block 408 built.

I know TSP is just north of Austin, I'm in San Antone. Will TSP build a short block with components I supply (less pistons)?

Another option would HKE in Houston but there website has been down.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I would just call TSP and ask... If not, I'm sure they can direct you to a machine shop with a good reputation.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:42 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by BanjoReid
I have stockpiled parts and cash and am now ready to get a short block 408 built.

I know TSP is just north of Austin, I'm in San Antone. Will TSP build a short block with components I supply (less pistons)?

Another option would HKE in Houston but there website has been down.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think TSP will build an engine using customer supplied parts, but I don't want to speak for them. I think some guys have posted on here before saying that TSP wouldn't mainly because it's a too much of liability.

HKE isn't in Houston anymore. Erik relocated his shop to La Grange, which is closer to San Antonio. Houston is home to LME and H Squared, the latter is owned by a formet employee of HKE.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Default Keep us posted

I'd like to follow your build, as I am undergoing the same transformation. I was initially building a LS to replace my Gen I 377sbc, But now I'm getting a bigger arm to swing and stroking the motor to a 408.

What kind of vehicle?

Keeping the fuel injection?

Good luck with this!
Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KCS
I don't think TSP will build an engine using customer supplied parts, but I don't want to speak for them. I think some guys have posted on here before saying that TSP wouldn't mainly because it's a too much of liability.

HKE isn't in Houston anymore. Erik relocated his shop to La Grange, which is closer to San Antonio. Houston is home to LME and H Squared, the latter is owned by a formet employee of HKE.
I just called TSP, they will do the block prep but nothing more. TSP referenced LME.

Thanks for the info on HKE. Do you, by chance, know how to get ahold of Erik?
Old 03-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Teching In

It's for a 72 Nova that has a carb'd LQ4 T56, that has still need things to get buttoned up to get on the road.

I am wanting to start a car build thread to keep me focused and motivated. I work 11 hour days and go to school at night. Time is valuable.

End state goal is 408 fuel injected.

Quick Reply: Stroker build question