Sponsored by:

help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!

i am totaly dumfounded on this one

i go to track last thursday ran a single motor pass with the timing advanced 2 degrees on timing tuner. and usualy on the 100 tnt shot with no timing taken out or put in my a/f was 10.0 which is a little scary but it still runs good. but anyways i left two gerees of timing in it when i went to spray thinking it wouldnt hurt anything due to me running rich all the time. car launches like a bat out of hell with the wheels in the air, then BOOM BITCH!! huge flame goes out of my exhaust and it blows my lid off leaving two dents in my hood. then the car wont start. so we push it back

i smell fuel under the hood. so i feel around the back of my intake and its all intact. i see no coolant anywhere in my engine bay, so i dont think it was a head gasket. but then after a minute the car started up and it idled just fine like it did before , nothing was knocking, everything felt fine, so i drove it throught the pits. as soon as i got into it a little bit it dies again, then it will not start for the life of me. i checked all the spark plugs and they were just fine. then i look down and i see the crank position sensor wire that the timing tuner was inline with had come disconected from the holder and burnt on the header so when i got back to the shop i replaced the wiring, still wouldnt start, so i replaced the sensor, still wouldnt start, so i thought my PCM was fried. so i hooked scanner and tech two up to it, they both hooked right up to the computer and said there were no codes, and all my fuses were good and the fuel pump primes when i turn the key. so we pull a spark plug wire off to see if we can see a spark. and it has no spark what so ever. i cant figure out for the life of me whats wrong. think my computer is fried? i am thinking about trying soemone elses computer but i dont want to fry thiers. sorry for the long post but its driving me nuts
Old 03-17-2003, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: help!!

I think when the timing tuner got disconnected for a brief moment on spray that you might have over-reved or something or too much timing was present with spray and smacked a valve into a piston a bent vavle would cause what you are describing.

OR possible you fried an injector, when the heat of the spark plug lit up the spray if the engine computer was "off" but still rotating the valves may not have been open enough when combustion occured and screwed up some stuff.

shooting in the dark here, hope it helps

<small>[ March 17, 2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: CamaroSS_2002 ]</small>