Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

top end tap !?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top end tap !?!

The other day I noticed a horrible valve tap in my 98 ta. Im lretty new here so i hope im in the right forum. Either way I tore the valve covers off today and ran it without the valve covers for about 30 seconds if that. so i saw that there was no oil coming to the top of the motor and I had pressure at my pressure gauge. The pressure gauge looks like one of those floppy dudes you see outside of car dealership waveing around in the Wind it was jumping from 20 to 60 PSI. I change my oil filter because I was told that there was a valve in there that could possibly be shut not allowing flow. After doing so I noticed it didn't do anything so I ran a motor flush through the car. I started to get some oil to the top of the motor but nothing crazy the passenger side rear 3 cylinders we're getting a decent amount after the four minutes of running the flush I'm towards the end of The Flush I started to See oil coming from the front cylinders valves. I slapped the valve covers back on and did a full oil change. After doing so I was looking down the oil filler tube and noticed the same thing that I did before no oil at the top of the motor after it heated up I noticed some oil flow I couldn't see the rear cylinders obviously butt the first valve I can see and it had very little flow when I rev it the noise gets 10 times worse and louder at idle you can barely hear it at this point I'm thinking collapsed lifters and it took the cam out with it too anybody else have some insight or have ever had this issue
Old 04-11-2016, 05:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Could be your oil pickup o-ring or your oil pump. The o-rings get hard over time and don't seal properly and you loose oil pressure.

Quick Reply: top end tap !?!