Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo LM7 Build- HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo LM7 Build- HELP

Hey guys, I have a 2005 Silverado Z71 CC 4x4 and want to chime in about some info I need to gather for this. Motor is completely stock, and around 148K on the clock (just bought it a month ago). Today I started to hear a lifter on the driver bank making the infamous ticking noise Not a big deal to some but is a huge deal to me. SO, I will be using the Stock Cylinder Heads, and bottom end.I also want to still use the Stock Converter, and will be using a map for 91 Octane only. I will be moving to forced induction with the On3 Performance Turbo Kit and standard 70MM, and accessories included with it. I have questions regarding, push-rods, lifters, camshafts, valve-springs, and fuel delivery (injectors and fuel pump choice). I plan to only push 10-12 PSI as it will be a street truck and daily driver with fun. What do you guys recommend for these things regarding Brand, and Specs? Are their any package deals out there? Help me get this going! Thank you

Last edited by LM7Guy; 04-20-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:50 PM
Teching In

You are like me... Engine making noise? I better put a turbo on it!not a whole lot of experience but I would look further into your end goal. i like the Walbro 400lph in tank pump will require some modification to your basket, cheap siemens 80lb injectors will do the job, for the cam you could find a million.5 opinions it all comes down to what you are willing to spend. Lg motorsports has good and bad reviews but i love my g5x3 cam, it is lopey and makes me happy haha. Tick performance has some good kits, You might call texas speed and see what they think on a cam install kit.. Just my opinion
Old 04-21-2016, 06:37 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

PAC1218 springs with stock pushrods and lifters.
Stock converter? Either a stock cam or a very small drop-in aftermarket cam.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by parriott
You are like me... Engine making noise? I better put a turbo on it!not a whole lot of experience but I would look further into your end goal. i like the Walbro 400lph in tank pump will require some modification to your basket, cheap siemens 80lb injectors will do the job, for the cam you could find a million.5 opinions it all comes down to what you are willing to spend. Lg motorsports has good and bad reviews but i love my g5x3 cam, it is lopey and makes me happy haha. Tick performance has some good kits, You might call texas speed and see what they think on a cam install kit.. Just my opinion
Thanks man! I have heard of Texas Speed. I will give them a call tomorrow and try to figure something out with them over the phone. Appreciate the advice.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:19 PM

Will stock lifters hold up? Or are they bound to start making noise again? Or does that just go for all of them.. I have read something about the lifters being starved (aerated) from oil because of the pickup tube o-ring being cracked and hardened. Should I pull the pan down and replace that as well just for peace of mind? By any chance do you know if the Triple 12 cam will work with the stock converter or is that pushing my luck. Thanks
Old 04-21-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by LM7Guy
Will stock lifters hold up? Or are they bound to start making noise again? Or does that just go for all of them.. I have read something about the lifters being starved (aerated) from oil because of the pickup tube o-ring being cracked and hardened. Should I pull the pan down and replace that as well just for peace of mind? By any chance do you know if the Triple 12 cam will work with the stock converter or is that pushing my luck. Thanks
JoeNova ^^^^

Quick Reply: Turbo LM7 Build- HELP