Cola cranks vs Eagle

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cola cranks vs Eagle

I found this the other day on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...905625261&rd=1

I was wondering what was the difference between the Cola crank and the Eagle crank. They are in the same price range and if the cola were a better chank might be a option for some of us in the future.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cola makes very good cranks. That doesn't look like a Cola to me. Based on the seller's feedback, I'd pass on it.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I myself am not interested but thanks for the input.
I haven't heard of the company and the pic does look like a cheep crank. I am just wondering why the eagle is so much more popular when there is only a 200 dollar price difference, and which is better.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a crank from that company, and am very satisfied... I have the crank sitting right here next to me... I can't say for sure that it's a Cola crank, but it did come to me in a Cola box, for whatever that is worth. The company was very responsive and shipped my crank promptly; I left them some positive feedback, in fact (my user name is black01z28).

As for the crank its self, it looks to be a very high quality piece. All of the journals have nice fillets and are "gun drilled" all the way through (except for the snout, of course... the crank pulley bolt hole doesn't go all the way through). The crank has a stamp on it (again, for what it's worth) that says CLSA40008S, which is at least consistent with Cola's part numbering scheme. In all honesty, if I didn't have a complete 427 on its way to me, I'd use this crank without hesitation.

I also got in the mail (separate from the crank) a letter from Titan Crankshaft, talking about how all of Cola's assets, etc... are now under the Titan name. Included is a list of remaining Cola inventory. If ya'll are interested in checking out Titan, they are at http://www.titancranks.com .

NOTE to moderators: I understand that neither Barlex (the company selling the crank in the linked eBay auction) nor Titan are board sponsors, nor was Cola, but since the question was asked I am posting up about my experience. I have no affiliation with any of the companies mentioned, just trying to let other LS1tech-ies know that if they are interested in the eBay cranks, they should feel safe in bidding.

Quick Reply: Cola cranks vs Eagle