Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecting Rods

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting Rods

Im bout to buy rods and pistons for my LQ4 turbo build. I had a set of rods picked out to use, but then i came across these

Non-Sponsor Soliciting Policy

They seem crazy cheap, the price that is.
YES YES, i know you get what u pay for just curious if anyone has any first hand experience. The same exact rods are on ebay for 80$ less....

Last edited by KCS; 08-25-2016 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Non-Sponsor Link Removed
Old 08-26-2016, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by joe8mx
Really??? All 6 sponsors on the right????

Damn, the guy was trying to get some info. I've never seen an ebay ad get deleted. Welcome to the millennial LS1tech where words hurt feelings.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:51 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by SAPPER
Really??? All 6 sponsors on the right????

Damn, the guy was trying to get some info. I've never seen an ebay ad get deleted. Welcome to the millennial LS1tech where words hurt feelings.
Yes really. There's plenty of info out there for ProComp/Speedmaster parts. The link was deleted because it was to an online store, not eBay.

I'm sorry that enforcing the decade old rule hurt your feelings.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first forum ive been on you cant post links to no nothin...
oo well but the rods are Speedmaster PCE274.1033. (am i allowed to say that?)
heres an ebay link.

As far as
"plenty of procomp/speedmaster parts info"
point me in the right direction because i cant seem to find an REAL experience info, just people bashing them...

Last edited by KCS; 08-26-2016 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Non-Sponsor Link Removed...Again
Old 08-26-2016, 08:32 AM
KCS

LS1Tech 10 Year

heres an ebay link.

"1. We do NOT allow pricing or any form of contact information to be posted for non-sponsoring vendors. This includes email address, website, physical address, phone number, etc.. "

Those eBay stores are not allowed either. An auction of someone selling their used junk to clean out their garage is one thing. A company using eBay for a cheap online store is another. That's considered a Non-Sponsoring Vendor.

In the future, you can just ask if anyone has experience with Speedmaster rods and/or give out a PN. You just can't post a link to a company selling them who are not paying to advertise on this site.

If you need to know if they're a vendor on this site, use the Vendor Directory tab. The banners on the right are not indicitive of how many sponsors this site has, only who pay for a premium package which includes the banner.

As far as point me in the right direction because i cant seem to find an REAL experience info, just people bashing them...
The machining is usually crap and the rod bolts are equivalent to what you would find in a hardware store. Maybe worse. I'm even suspicious whether or not the X-ray and mag particle inspections they claim to perform were done correctly.

You would be much better off spending just a little more money on some Scat I-Beam rods. They have real ARP bolts, the bores are sized pretty well, and I've seen them come out of 900whp turbo combos looking brand new.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres an ebay link.

As far as point me in the right direction because i cant seem to find an REAL experience info, just people bashing them...
Go over to forced induction they will help ya and wont delete your question man.. really i feel more and more each day this site isn't about helping anyone but themselves..
Old 08-26-2016, 09:16 AM
KCS

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by the404man
Go over to forced induction they will help ya and wont delete your question man.. really i feel more and more each day this site isn't about helping anyone but themselves..
It's not rocket surgery. These sponsors pay for this site. You're able to post on here and complain about us helping the sponsors because those very same sponsors pay for this site to operate. There really aren't that many rules, but one thing that we ask is that you don't post links to vendors that are not paying for this site who compete with the ones that do.

Quick Reply: Connecting Rods