Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads and cam.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads and cam.

New to the ls1 scene. I'm trying to find out which heads and cam combo will be best for a Street car. I want ported and polished head. New springs new rockers. Help me out guys.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No offense, but this is a very vague question. Look and search around on here and get a general idea on what you want. Then other people will be more than happy to help you fine tune your set up.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Supporting mods are equally as important as a good heads/cam combo. So go ahead and let us know what you've already got and we can go from there. Typically, 243/799 heads worked over by a good shop and a cam in the 224-235 durations are recommended for daily/street applications. Each owner has their own comforts obviously but I think these are some good guidelines to go by that will still yield good performance from LS1 cars especially those on a budget.

This is the place to ask these questions. Make sure you do your own homework too. Look at the vendors on this site and send them personal messages and they will respond to any of your questions also.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
Supporting mods are equally as important as a good heads/cam combo. So go ahead and let us know what you've already got and we can go from there. Typically, 243/799 heads worked over by a good shop and a cam in the 224-235 durations are recommended for daily/street applications. Each owner has their own comforts obviously but I think these are some good guidelines to go by that will still yield good performance from LS1 cars especially those on a budget.

This is the place to ask these questions. Make sure you do your own homework too. Look at the vendors on this site and send them personal messages and they will respond to any of your questions also.
My wife is getting it for me. Here is a mod list. The engine block and heads are stock. It has a 92mm Nick Williams throttle body, fast 92 ported intake, and ARH 1-7/8 long tube headers. Monster stage three clutch, Dana 60 aka strange s60 with 4.10's. It has is all adjustable rear suspension: lower control arms, panhard bar, torque arm. And it has aftermarket tranny bracket, tunnel brace, and 3-pt frame connectors/braces. The driveshaft is a 3.5 inch PST aluminum. Shocks are Koni yellows, with Strano lowering springs And speed inc billet fuel rails
Old 02-17-2017, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

That's a pretty good mod list so far! What are your goals?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
That's a pretty good mod list so far! What are your goals?
I want to build a fast n/a street car. That run's low 11's. For now and later I want to put an procharger d1sc with front mounted intercooler.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

One piece of information you have not provided is an actual budget amount. Head/Cam setups vary greatly in price. If i can share one piece of advice.....buy the best heads you can afford. Sounds simple, but its not just about money. It's about purchasing things that leave your room to grow also. I myself went with advanced induction CNC 243's . My only regret is that I did not have the same company spec the cam. Not a bad idea during any head/cam purchase. There are also many super talented cam companies who could pair a nice cam with the heads you chose.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also low 11's is very do-able
Old 02-17-2017, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by brians4thgenmaro
My wife is getting it for me. Here is a mod list. The engine block and heads are stock. It has a 92mm Nick Williams throttle body, fast 92 ported intake, and ARH 1-7/8 long tube headers. Monster stage three clutch, Dana 60 aka strange s60 with 4.10's. It has is all adjustable rear suspension: lower control arms, panhard bar, torque arm. And it has aftermarket tranny bracket, tunnel brace, and 3-pt frame connectors/braces. The driveshaft is a 3.5 inch PST aluminum. Shocks are Koni yellows, with Strano lowering springs And speed inc billet fuel rails
How do you like the Monster stage 3 for street action?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slogo
How do you like the Monster stage 3 for street action?
Do not have the car yet!!!!! Will be finished and delivered beginning of march
Old 02-17-2017, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black sky
Also low 11's is very do-able
The last time he ran the car. His eta was 12.6 in the quarter. I would love to save off 1.5 seconds

Quick Reply: Heads and cam.