Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam swap troubles....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam swap troubles....

Finished my Cam swap and the car is now down on Power.

Details:
The car is a 2003 Z06 with the stock LS6 motor. Before I installed the cam I had Longtubes, full exhaust, vararam, and a dyno tune from Speed Inc. The car put down 386hp on My tuners Mustang Dyno before I did the cam swap. I took the car home right after the Dyno and started installing the cam. It's an elite series package from Tick. Tick sns stage 3 torquemax cam, btr .660 spring kit, 7.4 pushrods (checked length, valvetrain is quite), stock timing set with GM hd chain. These are the only parts I changed on the car. After I installed all this I had the car tuned remotely on the street using a wideband in the car to log with hp tuners. car felt ok but I wasn't impressed with the cam. (not blaming tick they have been helpful so far!) Well I finally had the car back on the SAME dyno and SAME tuner and the car makes less power on the whole curve until 6k. and it only picked up 5hp more. Car isn't really responding to timing or fuel changes and G/Cyl is down now with new cam. The stock cam was about 88 G/Cyl now we are seeing 77 G/cyl. WTF? I pulled the timing cover last night and timing marks are dot to dot. going to check compression just for fun but I don't think its hurt. it idles good, drives good, even flooring it is ok but it just feels normal. no change after cam. In the graph the blue line is the stock cam.
Attached Thumbnails Cam swap troubles....-dynosheet.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cam swap troubles....