Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forums, needing direction.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 06:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forums, needing direction.

Hello LS1TECH!

If this isn't the right place to post, feel free to move the thread to the right location, thanks!

I am needing some advice and direction for my build, I currently have a 97 4th gen RS that's been set up to run an LS.

I currently have an 04 Z06 LS6 with 243 heads with upgraded rocker arms (gold ones, I am not sure of the brand which, you guys probably could tell me), the springs I am not sure if have been upgraded, and also a TH400 waiting for it (which I still need to buy a flex plate for, if you guys know a good one)

The reason why I am posting is I am curious as to what you guys would do to start out upgrade-wise to the engine. What cam would you run? What springs? What headers? What sized throttle body? Wiring harness? I am also looking for specific part numbers if you guys have them as well.

Sorry in advance for the n00by questions, I've just had this car, engine, and transmission for a few months and it's killing me to get started on it. 😀
Old 09-15-2017, 06:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Rockers sound like Crane or Comp. You would really need to figure out if some put a cam in the motor or simply installed rocker arms. A photo of the springs would help as well. The 243 heads were stock on the Z06, but that doesn't mean someone didn't have them ported. If the motor is on a stand, now would be the best time to figure these things out as when its in the car it is much harder to work on.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are not simple questions as there are so many options depending on what you want to do with the car. are you just wanting something a little more than stock? a fast street car? or are you looking for drag times?
then you have to consider what kind of budget your working with, this is the limiting factor for most of us. A mod like a cam will require supporting mods to work properly.
are you planning to do all mods at once then install the motor or just upgrading parts gradually?

Quick Reply: New to the forums, needing direction.