Notices
Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which ARP bolt to buy?

Old 01-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Default Which ARP bolt to buy?

Hello, was gonna post it earlier but didn't know how to word it ( if allowed)... But car id has the early ls1 head bolts (134-3609) and price matched summit since they were in stock (received 3 days later roughly). They were telling me that they only fit the Camaro and not the trans am.... Any ideas? Pretty sure they are the same from what I read but don't want to be a noob about it
Old 01-08-2019, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

They are SOOOOO full of..... it. As long as it's an early LS1 with 2 short bolts on each head, that engine does not know whether its in a Chevy or Poncho...
Later engines used all same length head bolts. On BOTH Chevys and Ponchos.....
Old 01-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Yeah that's what I thought. I just made sure I ordered the right part number ARP has on their site. Mines a 2000 and the old bolts we're 3 different sizes . Besides the "general" customer service, it was nice they price matched. Normally I'd just take a trip up to summit (20mins) and scope out the discounted stuff and order there but they don't ship until closer to the end of this month. 2nd time shopping there, it hasn't been too bad.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: