Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pushrod ends

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default pushrod ends

When I got new pushrods (Trick Flow chromoly, 5/16) I didn't pay any attention to the type of ends, was just trying to get the length right. Now taking a couple out to inspect after about 1K miles, it looks like there's some uneven contact between the pushrod ends and the rocker cups. The TF ones I have are just the straight shafts rounded off at the ends, same diameter the entire length. Should I have gotten a different type? Ball type like stock? Or swedged (is that different from ball type)? How much does it matter?
Old 01-15-2019, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,025 Likes on 2,356 Posts

I'd be more worried about the rockers themselves.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The rocker cups have shiny metal spots where it rubbed, but it's not an even circle just a spot on one side. I think they're still OK, only 1K miles with these pushrods. These are Comp roller rockers, not stock. They're meant to work with all stock LS1 parts, and the rocker cups look like they're supposed to fit the stock ball type ends. The rollers still look new. I need to get longer pushrods anyway, so I want to make the correct choice that won't cause wear on the rockers.