Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8 Silverado build.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.8 Silverado build.

Hey I need some input on some parts I’m going to purchase for my build. I don’t want to buy any incorrect parts. So far I have a btr stage 3 truck cam with btr ls6 dual valve springs. I’m going to go ahead and get my heads done (bent a intake valve) they’re 862 heads and would like them port/polished. Needs specs on what mill spec would go good with it. Going to do pushrods and go ahead and do ls7 lifters (has a lifter tick). I need the specs for correct valve size and top recommended brands etc.. for both valves and pushrods. Going to get new plugs wires have new oem coil packs. Also have long tubes for it. I know NA 4.8s don’t have much power but this is what came with it and would like to get the feel for this before I go ahead and do a 5.3/6.0 with forced induction. Also would like to know how hard it would to put ls1-ls6 intake manifold on. Any conversions I need to buy? Also anything else recommended to purchase with this? Possibly do water pump. Don’t really want to mess with timing. It’s going to be my DD. Wanting to have good numbers on the dyno on a budget. Not looking for 400+whp as I have a corvette that will going a different route with. If anyone has links or part numbers that would help greatly!
Old 01-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a Silverado build I would go with 11:1 compression and a NNBS/TBSS intake over an ls1/6 intake. Just be ready to run premium.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:50 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

4.8's like boost . No reason to build an N/A one . Stock 4.8. On3 turbo kit. Done