Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004 | 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Default ls1 heads

i have a 98 trans am with a loudmouth,ory pipe and a lid. i want to get a cam and heads but i was wondering if it would be worth it at to port my stock heads and whats the most i can go and also how much does it usually cost getting them ported. also what cam could i go with that would produce good numbers without a tune for now and my car is an a4.
thanks for the help guys and sorry for all the questions.
Old 07-11-2004 | 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98ls1
i have a 98 trans am with a loudmouth,ory pipe and a lid. i want to get a cam and heads but i was wondering if it would be worth it at to port my stock heads and whats the most i can go and also how much does it usually cost getting them ported. also what cam could i go with that would produce good numbers without a tune for now and my car is an a4.
ttt guys
Old 07-11-2004 | 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98ls1
If you can find the right person that knows what they are doing. Mine are getting ported right now for my G5x3 cam. Guys been working on them for a week and a half now to get them right. If you want some information on his work i can give you a number you can call and ask about them. My friend bought almost the same heads and they were flowing over 310 @ .650 lift