Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam/ Head install help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cam/ Head install help.

So I’m about to pull the trigger on a cam and heads I’m just working out some of the finer details. The thing I’m needing help on is I’m obviously going to need gaskets and bolts. What I’m asking is what is absolutely necessary to buy and what can be reused with no issue? Also any recommendations for a cam and heads would be appreciated as I’m not 100% sold on what I’m buying. I’m planning on ordering mostly everything from tsp. My car is a 00’ Z28, 6 speed. I understand the supporting mods and will be ordering them at same time. and any info as to where to find tourqe specs is also greatly appreciated.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Most bolts can be reused, make sure you get new head bolts or studs and a new balancer bolt, either arp or stock bolt. Replace all gaskets while you are in there not just some. Just went through heads/cam install a few monhs ago. As far as recommendations i dont think you can go wrong with any of the big names. I went with PRC 225 heads, custom BTR Cam 231/243 and Ported FAST 92 and made 463 rwhp.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TBSOELS1
Most bolts can be reused, make sure you get new head bolts or studs and a new balancer bolt, either arp or stock bolt. Replace all gaskets while you are in there not just some. Just went through heads/cam install a few monhs ago. As far as recommendations i dont think you can go wrong with any of the big names. I went with PRC 225 heads, custom BTR Cam 231/243 and Ported FAST 92 and made 463 rwhp.
That’s about what I want to make at the wheel if not more l. Thanks for the help
The following users liked this post:
TBSOELS1 (03-31-2020)

Quick Reply: Cam/ Head install help.