Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help to panic or not to panic

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help to panic or not to panic

In need of a little help. I have a 6.0 out of a 06 Cadillac Escalade. I have the engine torn down to a short block as before removing the camshaft I made sure to lineup the timing marks top 12 bottom at 6 then i removed the trays/lifters keeping them in order the way they came out. my concern is that after removing the camshaft I am worried my timing will be off. How can set the timing at this point the new camshaft is installed as are lifters and trays, the crankshaft is still in the 12oclock position no movement there and cylinder number 1 is at TDC. On the other hand the valley cover has two wires coming out of it do I need these and what are they i will try and add pictures below

, Appreciate any help.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 446 Likes on 341 Posts

Im confused? All you need to do is put your camshaft gear on and turn it to line up the dots.....

Those 2 wires are the knock sensors
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Klassics Lover
the valley cover has two wires coming out of it do I need these...
Depends on the build. If you're going back with fuel injection then yes. If you're not running the factory PCM or an aftermarket computer and using something like an MSD box to control the spark, along with a carburetor... no you don't need the knock sensors. If the latter... companies like ICT Billet make a plain flat valley cover that looks nice under a aluminum intake manifold.

Quick Reply: Help to panic or not to panic