Sponsored by:

LS1 pushrod stuck in lifter

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default LS1 pushrod stuck in lifter

Howdy Team,
I did a dumb thing and didn’t get the pushrod centered in the cup in my hydraulic lifter before I tightened down the rocker and the pushrod got stuck in the side of the lifter. I was able to yank it out and I could see that the side of the pushrod was scarred… which was ok because I found out I needed longer ones anyway. It didn’t look like any material came off the pushrod and I ran a magnet down in the pushrod hole to make sure no metal was in there and came back clean. Does anyone think it is necessary to take the head back off to inspect anything? Rotated the crank and everything was smooth
Old 02-09-2021, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here a borescope pic of the top of a lifter.

The only way I can see a pushrod could get stuck is if you have the stock type pushrods that have a ball welded on the ends, so it could push down the lifter cup and the retaining clip of the lifter would get stuck between the ball and the stem. That's not going to damage the lifter or the retaining clip in my opinion, which is totally worth what you paid for it. Anyway you could just check it with a borescope (they're cheap, mine was $11).

Last edited by patSS/00; 02-09-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quick Reply: LS1 pushrod stuck in lifter