Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Cams shaft mounted roller rockers???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running non-blue stripes with a 591" cam for 3 years now. No problems...and I have banged this car off the limiter ALOT! I think alot of it has to do with people just putting them on and not checking installed heights/coil bind. I know not everyone wants to do this, but it should be done.

Also,the Comp shaft rockers are made by a company called DRE, not T&D. I have seen a set of the DRE's, they are the exact same rocker.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The comp shaft mounts are now made by T&D. They are no longer made by DRE. They have different parts number to distinguish them.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unaffiliated Racing
Comp does more R&D on springs than ANYBODY..even ford,chrysler, or gm..one of the very first batches had a wire issue, there are still plenty of non blue stripes running out there without any problems.After that Comp made sure that the 918 was made from the best quality materials possible..the 918 is THE best selling spring on the LS-1 market and it's used in other various applications everyday. The beehive style spring will out perform a dual spring any day. Weight, harmonics,dynamics......and still be just as durable
I agree with the harmonics part. There is a very good reason chevrolet is using the ovate wire beehive spring on the LS6 engine...I bet it is for longevity.