Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine wants to die when coming to stop

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine wants to die when coming to stop

I bought a 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans am a few months back and after Ive done some obvious repairs and driven it a little more I’ve noticed that whenever I put it in neutral and come to a stop the engine wants to die. I’ve repaired any broken line I could find and it is still happening. I’m starting to think it could be because the manual throttle body is closing all the way but there is still being fuel injected into the cylinders and essentially flooding the engine. It does have a bigger cam in it and it is tuned to run leaner so if I am right then that doesn’t help. Has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone know any other possible issues or solutions to this problem?
Old 02-09-2024, 05:41 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,486 Likes on 2,150 Posts

Originally Posted by CasonL
I bought a 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans am a few months back and after Ive done some obvious repairs and driven it a little more I’ve noticed that whenever I put it in neutral and come to a stop the engine wants to die. I’ve repaired any broken line I could find and it is still happening. I’m starting to think it could be because the manual throttle body is closing all the way but there is still being fuel injected into the cylinders and essentially flooding the engine. It does have a bigger cam in it and it is tuned to run leaner so if I am right then that doesn’t help. Has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone know any other possible issues or solutions to this problem?
Any competent tuner can easily fix the issue. Needs tuning.
The following users liked this post:
grinder11 (02-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Engine wants to die when coming to stop