Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads/Cam/Intake Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads/Cam/Intake Supercharged

Well tonight I took a ride out to summit to look at some goodies for the gto and now im looking for advice. I was thinking of going with the Ls6 conversion (Heads,Cam,Intake) and adding a procharger D-1SC with a 7-8 Pound pully and of course the fuel system will be upgraded with bigger injectors,a bigger MAF, and other bolt ons that go with what im doing. I was wondering if anyone had any better recomendtaions for the heads,cam setup or is the ls6 conversion better suited for what im doing. I do not know what stuff is out there for the ls1 and for blower setups but im more of a centrifigul supercharger fan and I really like prochargers intercooled boost. I have had a vortec charger before and I do not have any compliants about there charger's but I like prochargers setup and Im calling them in the moring to see if there D-1SC kits for the f-bodys and vettes will be a problem on the goat but im figuring it should not be a problem since the motors are vituraly the same as far as I know. Im just looking for a good combo on the heads and cam for the blower I will be buying. There will be plenty of pics when Im installing and afterwords and anyone in the NE Ohio area will be glad to come check her out when she is finished. By the way any other recomendations on what would be good to do?

Here are the specs for the procharger unit

Spec sheet for procharger units

Thanks,
Dale
Old 07-27-2004, 03:37 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dont bother with the ls6 conversion. bolt ons and blower should net you plenty of power provided you get the tune right. if you want h/c with the blower get something blower friendly, some nice ported 6.0 heads and a blower application cam.