Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuff is on the way :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I don't know exact how the way matching numbers work, I am sure there are serial numbers for the engine, tranny, etc that are recorded when the car is built. That's why the old cars are always worth more or better with "matching numbers". Either way, something like an engine, or tranny won't be sold off the car without the car going with them
Old 08-31-2004, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Wow a sponser bashing a potential customer Not smart IMO! I have the 255 pump along with several others I know,it works just fine.A buddy of mine with the pump ran his car down to less then a half gallon of fuel,car never died. Just an FYI
Old 09-02-2004, 10:22 AM
King of Pigskin Knowledge

Originally Posted by 2000Blackout
Wow a sponser bashing a potential customer Not smart IMO! I have the 255 pump along with several others I know,it works just fine.A buddy of mine with the pump ran his car down to less then a half gallon of fuel,car never died. Just an FYI
Yeah, not very smart. Bashing 2 potential customers, one having bought their product in the past for an IROC he once owned.

I had a torquey motor in my IROC when I sold it (AFR 190's/LPE 219 cam/SuperRam intake...running 12.1 secs untuned in full street trim), so I decided to go with the T-rex in my LS1 for some experience in high rpm HP, instead of low rpm tq. And I did the research and ALL the work on my LS1, I didn't just buy a big cam and take it to a shop. Trust me I know the difference between tq and HP and know exactly what I got myself "into".
Old 09-02-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It is possible that someone else from racetronix got on the forum and posted this. This is an unusual series of comments compared to the style of usual posting on Racetronix part.
Or maybe just a bad day...
In any case let us not dwell on that single incident, Racetronix does put out some really good products and is valued by the LS1 community.