Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is this vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is this vibration

My car has a noticable vibration and the higher the rpms, the stronger the vibration. Could it be something inside the engine, possibly clutch related or could it be my stock drive shaft. I notice the vibration in every gear above 3000 rpms. Also, I just had my pushrods and valve springs replaced because I kept getting bent pushrods. Car seems to idle and run just fine. If anyone can offer some advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 04-01-2003, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: WTF is this vibration

Vibrations are one of the hardest things to diag. If you push the clutch in at speed and it goes away, its not the driveshaft, pinion angle or rear axle. If it stays, it could definately be the driveshaft. Try rotating the driveshaft 1/2 turn and if it changes any, thats probably your problem. luckily we have a vibration monitor(nvh ear) at work that picks up the vibration and makes it damn easy to locate compared to trial and error.Good luck
Old 04-01-2003, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: WTF is this vibration

Thanks for the reply, the vibration is not there when the clutch is in. Only when accelerating and decelerating. What else could it be? I'm thinking engine compartment somewhere.