Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads cam and header? how much from this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default heads cam and header? how much from this?

Ok so im thinking of getting my heads ported and polished, new cam, and headers. I live in cali and ive found a guy that will pass me for smog. ive got to double check with him but when i get his yes that is what im thinking of. Is it worth porting and polishing or should i just get new heads? what cam? and headers i was thinking of going with qtp's. Feed back would be great!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:30 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

****, hook me up with his contact info, i've got to smog my **** within 2 months, and lets just say i have NO chance of passing.

anyway, if you can get around smog what type of setup are you looking for?
Old 09-12-2004, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

It all depends on how far you want to go with your car. You can get over 60hp out of a mild cam w/ porting your stock heads, and some headers. Do you want it OEM streetable, or do you want an out and out racecar. Most people want something in the middle, but you have to decide what you're going for before you start buying. The guy above me (jrp) has some BAD *** info in his sig. You should check it out. He's helped me a grip, and I know I'm not the only one.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

yeah definatly something in the middle. something that will throw u deep into ur seat and ive got about 2500 to spend...and after all of my looking i found a guy where i live that is friends with my dad who more than likely will pass me for smog so do u think its worth porting and polishing my stock heads or getting some new ones?