Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on building Shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on building Shortblock

i have a '00 model LS1 shortblock that i have nothing in. #1 piston has a valve chillin' about 2'' deep in it.
SO, i was thinking of building a shortblock for cheap.

what is the best way to go about it? mainly i want to be able to spray 250shot on a motor and not worry about it.

if i put Diamond pistons in it with ARP rod bolts and ARP head studs will it be good to go? if not, what is the best route to go "Bang for the Buck"

Thanks In Advance
Old 09-14-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Personally if you're going to have the block torn down already, I'd replace the rods as well with a good forged set as well. Rods have been known to snap pretty easy sometimes under a nitrous load like a 250 shot. Why knowingly run a weak link, is kinda my theory. If you can avoid it, then do so.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Banned

thanks for the advice....

but you have to keep in mind, im on a blue-collared budget here. buying new pistons will be a big enough step for me, much less some rods. but if i could find someone that would make me a package deal i might could re-finance or something...lol
Old 09-14-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1POWERHOUSE
thanks for the advice....

but you have to keep in mind, im on a blue-collared budget here. buying new pistons will be a big enough step for me, much less some rods. but if i could find someone that would make me a package deal i might could re-finance or something...lol
I know what you mean man. I'm survivin on my Army retirement check month to month(medical retirement, ~635/month) right now. Money is crazy tight. It covers my car note, insurance, cell phone, and the monthly CC bills. Thats about it. Need a job bad There's nothin in DFW tho.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

250 shot on stock rods? No way would I do that. At least save up for some Eagles, or PEP rods (Eagle knock off).